Workers’ Compensation is a form of insurance that is guaranteed to all employees of businesses with more than five employees and all construction workers regardless of the size of the company. It provides wage replacement and medical benefits to workers who are injured on the job.
Click to see the full-sized infographic (PDF)
Your RIGHTS under Missouri workers’ compensation law:
- Have your medical treatment provided;
- A portion of your wages while you are off work recovering from, or receiving treatment for, your injuries;
- A lump sum payment for disability, or weekly payments if you are permanently totally disabled.
Your RESPONSIBILITIES under Missouri workers’ compensation law:
- Informing your employer promptly following a work accident that resulted in injury;
- Seeing the doctor or medical professional that is recommended by your employer;
- Working on restricted duty if the doctor recommends it and the work is available within your restrictions.
Call the St. Louis car workers’ compensation lawyers at The S.E. Farris Law Firm if you’re hurt on the job.
At The S.E. Farris Law Firm, you don’t pay anything unless we collect money for you. In some cases, you don’t need a lawyer and if not, we will tell you free of charge! Call us today at (314) 252-9937 or contact us online.