State Farm Insurance Claims
This Web-page provides:
Contact Information for State Farm Insurance
- Reviews for State Farm Insurance.
- Information on State Farm Insurance Company.
- Steps to take to get full claim value.
- Criteria to decide whether you need a lawyer.
General Customer Service:
- 1-800-STATE-FARM (800-782-8332)
- State Farm Insurance Companies
Insurance Support Center – East
P.O. Box 588002
North Metro, GA 30029
The Information you will need to File a State Farm Insurance Claim
- Your name, address and phone number
- State Farm Insurance policy number and name of their insured
- Date and time of your injury
- Brief description of what happened
- Insurance and contact information for others involved
How to choose the best attorney for your claim
- Success Rate
Experience: Experience is an invaluable asset that any respected attorney will have, and it can have a major impact on the outcome of your injury case. The S.E. Farris Law Firm has more than 30 years of experience dealing with personal injury cases and insurance companies. We know the games, tricks, and disputes that insurance companies, including State Farm, try to use. We prepare every case for trial so that we are ready if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement. In our experience, because we are willing to take cases to trial, the insurance company is less likely to delay justice for our clients.
Reputation/Reviews: When choosing a law firm, reputation matters. Most insurance companies will recognize the reputation of your law firm or attorney. Some even rate the attorney’s diligence, experience, and background.
In his almost thirty years of practicing law, Attorney Spencer E. Farris has worked tirelessly to become one of the most well regarded personal injury attorneys in Missouri. Some of his accomplishments include:
Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. The National Board of Trial Advocacy is a professional organization, recognized by the American Bar Association and in opinions by the United States Supreme Court for their rigorous certification procedures.
Being a member of The Justice Roundtable, a prestigious and exclusive invitation-only group limited to 100 of the top personal injury attorneys in the nation. Each member has achieved the significant milestone of at least one verdict or settlement above $1,000,000 and has the proven ability to successfully handle serious injury accident and wrongful death cases while maintaining a spotless ethical record.
Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a peer reviewed, invitation only group of trial attorneys.
These accomplishments speak to his expertise in his field, not only to clients but insurance companies as well.
On top of Spencer’s reputation, he also has exceedingly high reviews from past clients. To find the most reliable reviews, use third-party websites that specialize in the law, like Avvo. These reviews give you (and the insurance companies) a true picture of how an attorney takes care of his clients and whether he’s willing to fight for them.
Success Rate: Insurance company and independent studies show that the average settlement without a lawyer is worth much less than a client who has a lawyer. Most personal injury law firms, including The S.E. Farris Law Firm, work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only get paid if your case is successful.
The S.E. Farris Law Firm has a 99% success rate for our clients. More importantly, we care about our clients and judge our success by client satisfaction, not the amount of any settlement or verdict. There is never enough money after an injury. If a law firm doesn’t put clients first and lower the client’s stress during the process, they don’t deserve the client’s trust during such a difficult time! During every case, we don’t just fight for you, we answer questions and give timely advice so you can focus on healing and getting back to your life.
The History of State Farm Insurance
State Farm was founded in 1922 by retired farmer George J. Mecherle as a mutual automobile insurance company owned by its policyholders. The firm specialized in auto insurance for farmers and later expanded services into other types of insurance, such as homeowners and life insurance, and then to banking and financial services.
February 2014 figures show the group servicing 80 million policies in the United States and Canada, of which over 44,000,000 are for automobiles, 27,000,000 are for fire, 7,000,000 for life, and more than 2 million bank accounts.
Michael Tipsord is Chairman and CEO of State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, and president and chief executive officer of State Farm Fire and Casualty Company, State Farm Life Insurance Company, and other principal State Farm affiliates.
In 2014, the company sold its operations in Canada to Desjardins Group, which is continuing to use the State Farm name.
What do the reviews say?
We use reviews to select the best businesses to work with, including lawyers and insurance companies. It speaks volumes to how the company conducts its business and how well it treats its customers
- Consumer Affairs rates State Farm at 2.9 out of 5 stars based on 467 submissions from last year.
- The Better Business Bureau rates State Farm at a 1.1 out of 5 stars. This is based on 225 customer reviews. It also received 490 complaints in the last 12 months.
- Credit Karma ranks State Farm at a 1.9 out of 5 stars based on 19 policy holders in the last year.
Complaints: The Missouri Department of Insurance keeps track of complaints against insurance companies. It received 807 complaints between the years 2000-2017. However, for each complaint registered, there is a good chance someone had a complaint, but didn’t know where to register it.
Past Incidents with State Farm
In another case in 2003, Campbell v. State Farm, in which State Farm had to pay out $145 million in punitive damages after acting in bad-faith. State Farm had refused to pay damages to the families of two individuals who were victims in a car accident that Campbell was responsible for, despite originally informing Campbell and his family “that their assets were safe, that they had no liability for the accident, that [State Farm] would represent their interests, and that they did not need to procure separate counsel.”
How do I file a State Farm Accident Insurance Claim?
We recommend that you file your claim through an attorney. Insurance adjusters are trained to convince you that they are on your side and the settlement they offer is fair. Having an attorney make the claim for you lets you keep control of your privacy while removing some of the stress of dealing with insurance representatives from your life.
However, to file a claim by phone, you can call 1-800-STATE-FARM (800-782-8332). You will need the following information:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- State of residence
- Insurance policy number
Written claims can be sent to:
State Farm Insurance Companies
Insurance Support Center – East
P.O. Box 588002
North Metro, GA 30029
Some of the information that insurance companies demand, like your social security number, is more likely to be used to investigate you than to process your claim. You don’t lose all privacy rights simply because someone else hurt you! We highly recommend you contact The S.E. Farris Law Firm, and let us file your claim. We will ensure that the insurance company takes your claim seriously from the start.
What do I need to know for my State Farm Insurance accident claim?
Car accidents are a common cause of complaints and claims with State Farm Insurance. In the event of a car crash, you will need to know or obtain the following information:
- The details of your pain and suffering, including frequency.
- Ask your physician if you will have future limitation. If possible, get it in writing.
- An estimate of how much your future medical bills are expected to be.
- Write down the future medical care your doctor tells you about.
- Write down the precise injuries you received from your auto accident.
- Get all your medical bills from all the medical providers who have treated you.
- Get a complete copy of your medical records.
Do I get reimbursement for my loss of wages from my accident?
Yes, you are entitled to reimbursement for your loss of wages.
Ask your employer for copies of your pay stubs for several months preceding your auto accident. If you work on commission, you will need that information too. These documents can be used in your claim.
How do I get my maximum compensation for my auto accident claim with State Farm?
Every claim is unique and there is not a guaranteed maximum compensation. The facts of a case are what determine compensation, and these vary with each person. The S.E. Farris Law Firm has recovered upwards of $50,000,000 for clients, with results ranging from a few hundred dollars to over a million dollars after a severe injury.
What Factors Affect my Claim’s Value?
- Average jury verdicts in your area
- The value of your past medical treatment bills
- The amount of medical bills still unpaid
- Whether there are liens against your case (ERISA, Medicare, Medicaid, hospital, etc.)
- The cost of your future medical treatment
- The presence or absence of health insurance
- Your ability as a witness
- The opposing party’s ability as a witness
- Whether there is comparative fault
- Whether the at-fault party did something offensive like texting while driving or driving drunk
- Your treating physician’s support as a witness
- Whether the court has experience with injury cases like yours
- Case law and Statutes pertinent to your case
- The quality of the insurance company’s attorneys
- The quality of your attorney; are they willing to go to trial?
There are many factors that can affect your recovery and lots of places to make a mistake that will sink your case. Hiring an experienced attorney to fight for you is your best bet.
The S.E. Farris Law Firm is always a phone call or click away. We offer free consultations to discuss your case with you and advise you from beginning to end. To reach us, call us at 314-A-LAWYER (314-252-9937) 24-hours a day, or send us a message.