Clicky

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning | S.E. Farris Law Firm
Request a free consultation
CALL US: 314-252-9937
Toll Free: 866-955-5297

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Dangers at Home, Camping or Boating

CO Deaths a Danger on Chilly Nights

A family of four found dead in St. Clair, Missouri, in December 2010 illustrates the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Ryan Yoder, 27, had complained to co-workers that he and his wife were feeling sick and nauseous. When Yoder did not show up to work for several days, the co-workers found Yoder, his 29-year-old wife and two young children dead inside the home. Preliminary autopsy reports showed carbon monoxide poisoning.

The symptoms of exposure include headaches, dizziness, sleeplessness, fatigue, confusion and nausea. The gas, which is released when fuel is burned, is invisible, odorless and tasteless.

Last year 90 Missourians died from carbon monoxide and more than 200 were hospitalized, according to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. People can be exposed to the deadly gas from furnaces, space heaters, stoves and generators.

If you have been hurt or someone you love has been injured or died as the result of carbon monoxide poisoning, contact the Missouri wrongful death attorneys at the S.E. Farris Law Firm to learn how or whether you have a products liability claim. Call 314-A-LAWYER (314-252-9937) today for a free consultation or fill out our online contact form.