Hunters should be aware of all-terrain vehicle rollover risks
All-terrain vehicles offer Missouri hunters an easy way of getting to and from the hunting site. But it also means that increased ATV use could lead to a rise in accidents.
The ATV’s design, powerful motor and heavy body mean that rollovers are a risk – especially on sharp or sudden turns. And some ATVs have been the subject of product recalls due to a dangerous or defective design, making them even more hazardous for riders.
If you or someone you love has been injured or a loved one has been killed in an ATV accident, contact the Missouri personal injury lawyers at The S.E. Farris Law Firm. Call 314-A-LAWYER (314-252-9937) today for a free consultation.
All-Terrain Vehicle Safety
For ATV riders and passengers, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission offers a number of safety tips.
- Take a formal training course. Drivers who have had formal training have a lower injury risk.
- Wear a helmet. Wearing protective gear can help reduce the risk or severity of an injury. Protective gear includes a helmet as well as over-the-ankle boots, gloves, long pants, long-sleeved shirts and gloves.
- No passengers. Unless the ATV is specifically designed to accommodate passengers, carrying extra people can make it difficult for the driver to maintain control of the all-terrain vehicle.
- Don’t ride on paved roads. All-terrain vehicles are designed for rugged terrain. Driving them on paved roads can make them harder to control. Paved roads also increase the likelihood of colliding with cars and trucks.
- Don’t allow kids to ride or drive on adult ATVs. One third of all ATV-related accidents involving death or requiring a trip to the hospital involve children. Children under 16 on adult ATVs are twice as likely to be hurt as those riding youth all-terrain vehicles.
- Don’t drive under the influence. Alcohol or drug use can impair driving performance and lead to accidents.
Contact a St. Louis ATV Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love has been hurt on in an ATV accident, contact the St. Louis personal injury lawyers at The S.E. Farris Law Firm. Call 314-A-LAWYER (314-252-9937) today for a free consultation.
At The S.E. Farris Law Firm, our practice is focused on the needs of injury victims. We guarantee our clients that our dedication is more than just a motto. At the end of your case we measure our success not by the amount of money we have recovered for you but by whether you would give our name to others as good lawyers to have on their side.